Click to Enlarge Photo
Author: Brad Higdon
Bi-Directional Amplifiers (BDA)
Bi-Directional amplifiers (BDAs) are signal boosters required by law in many localities so first responders can stay in constant contact throughout any facility in an emergency situation. BDAs are often part of a Distributed Antenna System (DAS) that extends the range of two-way radios in any facility where reception is poor.
Bi-Directional Amplifiers Facts
- BDAs are amplifiers/repeaters available in a variety of gain and power options that boost and distribute a signal covering various frequencies.
- It’s common in cement and steel structures to have poor reception areas such as basements, stairways, tunnels, parking garages or any isolated area where wireless signals do not penetrate.
- BDAs installed for first responders to communicate and worker safety to work in all extreme conditions.
Who Needs BDAs?
- Any building requiring public safety permits, and/or that is identified and inspected under local ordinances
- Many localities now require BDA installation with new or building renovation permits and certifications
- Government buildings, school campuses, sports arenas, tunnels/mining operations, public venues, distribution centers, hospitals, high-rise buildings, office complexes, warehouses, and many more
- Anyplace where first responders, maintenance and security personnel need to maintain constant two-way communications
Bass-United can help with any two-way radio BDA needs
- On-site evaluation to ensure coverage – we help solve challenges
- Customized recommendations to achieve full communications – most buildings are unique
- We provide design services on BDA equipment and installation – one size does not fit all
- Installation and design scope details – to comply with all government mandates
- BDA installation assistance, maintenance contracts, follow-up inspections –whatever you need to ensure success
Here’s a list of applications that may need BDAs. Check with your local municipality or Fire Department for your local requirements.
- Manufacturing Plants
- Convention Centers
- Retail Shopping Malls
- Parking Garages
- Apartment Buildings
- Governmental Buildings
- Schools / Campuses
- Stadiums and Arenas
- Airport Terminals
- Office Buildings
- Shipping Ports
- And more